I met with a couple this week who had been quoted so many different prices from many different celebrants, they were utterly confused as to what was good value and what was not. Some charge half what I do, and some three times my price.
It made me realise that it can be a bit of a mine-field out there. So I thought I’d write a piece on how I came up with my fees. I can only speak for myself, and I’m certainly not claiming to speak on behalf of other celebrants, but I realise that this is an area which some couples struggle to understand, so in order to be honest and transparent, here is what you’re paying for when you book me.
- I have been a celebrant since 2011, and this experience gives me the opportunity to provide couples with lots of ideas and guidance.
- I am professional. This is my business and I run it as such. I respond to emails and telephone messages as soon as possible and communicate with you throughout the process. I use a modern, high spec P.A. system and always tailor my appearance to what is appropriate depending on the bride and groom’s style and vision for their ceremony
- I keep up to date with what’s happening out there in the wedding world. Weddings are my world and I am always researching so I can suggest fun or innovative elements to add in to your ceremony
- Being a celebrant is expensive. I have to pay a yearly fee to the Attorney General, to the Australian Marriage Celebrants for my membership, my insurance, my advertising, and I have to obtain a minimum of hours of on-going professional development per year
- I write ceremonies which are bespoke and incorporate your story, and I take pride in tweaking every one to ensure it’s really and truly personalised – no cookie cutter ceremonies here…
- I care. I know this may sound corny, or daft, but I honestly do. It’s important to me that your wedding ceremony is great, like, really really great. And because I care, I put the time and effort in to a ceremony, in the writing, the getting to know you, the rehearsal and the delivery on the day
I hope the above gives you a flavour on why I charge what I charge. You can find my current fees here at www.roxyrocks.com/fees and I’m always happy to answer any questions at email@example.com or on 0478041227.
Photo: Tripping up whilst conducting a family garden marquee style wedding. I did not charge extra for this…!