As you probably know if you’ve read any of my other posts, I love my job (love, love, loooooove it). And I love it for a million reasons, but one of the really exciting parts is I get to visit so many venues.
If you google ‘wedding venue – Brisbane’ or the like, it can be pretty daunting. There are so many beautiful venues on the market, so where do you start?
My tips are the following:
- Close your eyes and think of your ceremony. What’s the first vision that comes to mind? Is it the beach, a hall, a hotel, a church, a rain-forest, a restaurant, a hot air balloon, underwater?! Trust your gut, and go with it.
- Is there anywhere which has a special significance for you both? For example, I’ve held weddings where the couple had their first date, or in a school playground where the bride’s father, who had sadly passed, had been the Principal.
- Do you want the ceremony and reception in the one place? There are pros and cons for both, and you can access a wider variety of options for the ceremony if you then move on elsewhere for the reception.
- Think about how much effort you are prepared to make. If you’re happy to organise chairs, tables, decorations etc then the world will be your oyster, but if you want to make it easy on yourself, consider a venue that offers this type of support, or look at pop-up wedding companies.
- Do you, or a friend/family member, live in a house that you love? If so, could it cope with the amount of guests you want to invite – are there enough toilets, is the kitchen big enough for caterers, if it rains is there room indoors, etc?
- Don’t search for ‘wedding venues’, search for ‘hinterland camping’ or ‘cool bars’ or ‘community halls’ – omit the word ‘wedding’ and you will find options that are less obvious.
You’ll know when you find ‘the one’ and it’s a very exciting feeling when it happens. Good luck with your search, and please feel free to talk to me to discuss your celebrant requirements. You can contact me at email@example.com or on 0478041227.
You must be logged in to post a comment.