Easy Destination Wedding Guide
Are you planning a destination wedding? I completely get why you would want to marry overseas or elsewhere in Australia; I love weddings, I love travel… why would a destination wedding not be an attractive proposition?
Whether you’re having an intimate elopement on the beach in Bali, or a celebration in Marrakesh surrounded by all your family and friends, you’ll need someone to conduct your wedding. And, if you’re looking for a creative, warm, professional yet fun celebrant, then I could be the right person for you.
Travelling is one of my passions, and I will do all I can to make your destination wedding ceremony exactly as you hope. I’ve been fortunate enough to conduct ceremonies in many countries including the UK, Egypt, France and Bali and I love, love, love working with couples to make sure their dream destination ceremony becomes a reality.
How It Works
I am registered to deliver legal ceremonies in Australia. I can do non-legal ceremonies anywhere in the world. The way I usually work couples getting married overseas is:
- You fill in the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) and lodge it with me
- After at least a month, or any any date agreed (but no more than 18 months from NOIM lodged) I’ll conduct a basic, legal only ceremony with at least two witnesses. From this point onwards you are legally married. This can be done before or after your destination wedding.
- During the above I work with you to develop a personalised ceremony as per my Full Works package
- I travel to your ceremony destination in time for the rehearsal (if you are having one) or for your ceremony
- My charges are standard fees plus travel costs such as flights, accommodation for the night before the rehearsal until the day after the ceremony. I also request reimbursement for any specific wedding-related expenses (such as taxis to the venue).
PS If you are looking to hold your destination wedding as an elopement, read here for tips on how to do this.