Easy Destination Wedding Guide
Are you planning a destination wedding? I completely get why you would want to marry overseas or elsewhere in Australia; I love weddings, I love travel… why would a destination wedding not be an attractive proposition?
Whether you’re having an intimate elopement on the beach in Bali, or a celebration in Marrakesh surrounded by all your family and friends, you’ll need someone to conduct your wedding. And, if you’re looking for a creative, warm, professional yet fun celebrant, then I could be the right person for you.
Travelling is one of my passions, and I will do all I can to make your destination wedding ceremony exactly as you hope. I’ve been fortunate enough to conduct ceremonies in many countries including the UK, Egypt, France and Bali and I love, love, love working with couples to make sure their dream destination ceremony becomes a reality.
How It Works
I am registered to deliver legal ceremonies in Australia. I can do non-legal ceremonies anywhere in the world. The way I usually work couples getting married overseas is:
- You fill in the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) and lodge it with me
- After at least a month, or any any date agreed (but no more than 18 months from NOIM lodged) I’ll conduct a basic, legal only ceremony with at least two witnesses. From this point onwards you are legally married. This can be done before or after your destination wedding.
- During the above I work with you to develop a personalised ceremony as per my Full Works package
- I travel to your ceremony destination in time for the rehearsal (if you are having one) or for your ceremony
- My charges are standard fees plus travel costs such as flights, accommodation for the night before the rehearsal until the day after the ceremony. I also request reimbursement for any specific wedding-related expenses (such as taxis to the venue).
If you’d like to chat further about your destination wedding, or for a more specific quote, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0478 041227 or fill in my contact form.
PS If you are looking to hold your destination wedding as an elopement, read here for tips on how to do this.
You must be logged in to post a comment.