Why consider eloping? There’s loads of reasons why couples I work with elope. Whether it’s to save money, to negate the ‘inviting the masses’ issue, or you just want a really intimate quick wedding with only you and your witnesses then I’m able to help you with your elopement ceremony, ensuring it meets all your needs.
How to elope in four easy steps
Submit You Notice of Intended Marriage
Submit your completed notice-of-intended-marriage at least one calendar month prior to your elopement date with your celebrant. Unless there is a reason which falls under exceptional circumstances (please ask me for more advice on these), you will need to lodge this at least one calendar month before your chosen date to get married.
Think about what kind of elopement you want.
- Do you want super-intimate with only two witnesses or something with a small, intimate group of family and/or friends?
- If you do want to invite guests, do you want them to be aware that you are eloping, or do you want to invite them under a different guise?
- Do you want to include personalised vows in the ceremony?
- Do you want any readings included? Would you like any of your guests to say something during the ceremony?
- Do you want your elopement to be captured by a professional photographer and/or videographer to then share with others at a later date?
Decide where you would like to hold your elopement ceremony.
I have conducted elopements:
- at parks (depending on your type of elopement, it’s worth checking first to see if you need any kind of permit for that particular park)
- on beaches, including those on both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts
- in a coffee shop (with the bride and groom in shorts and thongs)
- at the home of a couple, just before they were to fly off for a trip of a lifetime
- at a small family 30th birthday party which turned into a surprise elopement
Breaking the news
How are you going to share the news with your family and friends after the elopement? It must seem an odd question to ask, but quite often couples elope, and then spend days, weeks, even months, before they share the news because, well… basically they’re not sure how to do so! It’s worth having a think about this beforehand; are there those whom you want to tell first face to face, or are you happy to make an announcement on social media?
Sound Easy – What’s Next?
Check out my Short, Simple Yet Sweet package which is perfect for elopements. If this is within budget and you like my style, give me a ring or send me an email.
I have a real sense of adventure and love surprises, so am more than happy to get fully on board to make your elopement totally right for you. I can give you any advice you may need, such as where to hold your elopement, and will support you through the process. And why not read what others have to say about my services by checking out these reviews.